WebTV® subscribers connected through Finalcom
In order to begin registration for the Use an ISP
program, a subscriber will need the following information from an
- ISP Company Name (finalcom)
- Primary modem number (see access
- Secondary modem number (see access
- User name (email@example.com)
- Password (your finalcom password)
The process below shows step-by-step instructions that a WebTV
subscriber would need to follow.
From the WebTV Web Homepage, select "Account" from the
Please note: subscribers must be logged on as the primary
user. The primary user is the name the subscriber chose the
first time they connected to the WebTV Network service.
In Account, select "Use an ISP."
3. Choose "Sign Up Now."
Enter ISP account information:
- Enter ISP company name. (finalcom) then
- Enter primary and backup dialup modem access numbers. Choose
- Enter user name and case-sensitive password supplied by the
ISP. Choose "Continue."
- Confirm password. Choose "Continue."
- Choose "Use your ISP."
5. Following this set up, the WebTV Internet unit will reset
and reconnect automatically to complete the change. A confirmation
screen will appear to verify that the subscriber is using an ISP
to access their WebTV subscription.